Sometimes you just need to treat yourself. So contact me, The Treat Fairy, and just relax until I get there. Helping the Provo/Orem area to be just a bit sweeter.

treatfairylove@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Worms and Dirt


This Halloween, we attended a church Halloween party. Signups were going around and naturally I wanted to participate. When the signup came to me, all the slots for desserts were taken up. I was somewhat upset, but I didn't let that stop me from signing up anyways, even though I did not yet know what I was going to make. 

Bored one Saturday, I was going through pictures on facebook. A good friend of ours throws amazing Halloween parties. Each year it has been her goal to make her kids so sickened by the food at her gross out dinner that they refuse to eat. Looking at her pictures I have to admit there were some that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole let alone my fork. At any rate, she gave me the idea to make something "gross out" for this party. 


Thus worms and dirt. Not the typical kind with oreos, pudding and gummy worms though. Remember I couldn't make a dessert. So I made a side dish/dip. I don't fully know how to classify the above item of food. Despite the disturbing image it made on the table next to the macaroni salad and cheese breads, I'm pleased to say that it was gone by the end of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment