Sometimes you just need to treat yourself. So contact me, The Treat Fairy, and just relax until I get there. Helping the Provo/Orem area to be just a bit sweeter.

treatfairylove@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

C is for Citrus Cake

Cakes are good for celebrating many things, not just birthdays. Like the friendship you share with someone who is moving far away. A dear friend of mine provided just such an occasion. She and I have shared many things together, trips to Amsterdam, jumping into a river in England, rooftop concerts, and even a job (although not at the same time). So when this friend got a job in Washington D.C. and had to move away, I wanted to show her my apprecation with a cake. Plus we were enjoying a nice picnic outside with many other friends before a concert. And who ever said that cake on a picnic was a bad idea? No one I know. Thus, I took one.

My friend is a lively and spicy personality. She is often the life of the party. So oranges seemed like a good inspiration. Sweet, succulent, and zesty. All things that I think of when I think of my friend. Wouldn't she laugh about the succulent, haha if only she knew. 

Can you see the orange zest?

Beautiful and orangey

Of course I had to use an orange buttercream frosting.

And of course I had to use a messy frost, since it is so yummy looking. The candy toppers are chocolate covered orange jellies.
The lady herself. Zesty!

Picnic cake is better when it's citrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment